Monday, July 23, 2012

Wicked - Capitol Theatre

'Girls' Night Out.
We ate at a restaurant only 'girls' would want to visit. They did have a decent grilled cheese sandwich, but it was on this super-healthy, grainy, nutty, hefty bread and the cheese was something white and fancy. There were no french fries, but they had fresh squeezed orange juice. I kept trying to blow out the candle, which is one of my 'go-to' attention getters when we go out to eat. Imagine my frustration and embarrassment...wait, I never get frustrated or embarrassed - when it turned out to be a battery powered flicker light. The 'girls' just politely acknowledged me and then ignored me. I was making my most appealing effort - and nothing. We didn't have to get the waiter over especially to re-light the candle, nothing. Life's getting tough when you can't get a cheap laugh.

1 comment:

Suzette Baird said...

awesome post mom! I was laughing at your text- very funny. That was a night I wont forget. It was perfect in every way. Can't stop singing the music!