Thursday, July 5, 2012

Quail Fire - Nature's Fourth

My backyard has seen better days. This is shortly (within 2 hours?) after the Quail Fire began 7/3/12.
This was the view from in front of my house at about the same time as the backyard picture. 7/3/12. I thought it was an earthquake...I did know it was something that wasn't right.
This is the next day - 7/4/12 - the fourth of July. It shows the burn area pretty well. We were evacuated at this point (for two nights) and me and my Mom drove back in to check it out. The red color on the hill is the fire retardant. The planes and helicopters were loud.
This is today 7/5/12. Joyful rain helped the situation and we got to go home.
Here I am doing one of my jobs...bringing in the mail. You can see part of the burn area behind me with a helicopter above me and to the right. How great is it that I needed an umbrella to get the mail?
What are you looking at? Nothing to see here. Cheerio.