Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cortina - Day 1

Arrived safe and sound and it is a beautiful day in the Italian Alps.
The spectacular knife-edged ridge in the background got hung-up in my Dad's head and he would climb it a few days later - an Emilio Comici Route - as a tribute to Emilio it was soloed.
Check out the ride.
I found a Dolomite version of Dora's friend - Diego. We didn't buy it but now I have this picture to remember him by.
You might not realize this but I'm being very brave in spite of how calm I appear looking at maps and postcards with my Dad. Just out of the picture on my right is a whole wall of cuckoo clocks. Thank you very much.

2 comments:

Suzette Baird said...

YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO glad you blogged (but zero pressure to keep the blog up while on vaca) I love everything, the car that background view, the large skinny coke in Dad's hand and how handsome you look Pete!

Love you all and have a total BLAST!

Jonny Baird said...

Wow this looks so cool! Please take me with you next time!!! :)

Or maybe I'll just take myself. Glad that you arrived safe and sound!