Thursday, December 16, 2010

Death Valley National Park

My Dad took me on the best road trip. I've been interested in Death Valley and Scotty's Castle. I've studied maps, google-searched images and videos. I wrote a list of the places I wanted to visit there and I have 3 apps on my ipad showing tours and google-earth overhead visions.
We flew into Las Vegas and rented a car and headed out to Death Valley. This is the outside of Scotty's Castle. Scotty is buried on the ranch along side his dog, Windy.
Inside.
My favorite part was exploring the tunnel system under the Castle that was used to cool it. They used solar power and had fenced in the entire 45-mile perimeter of the Castle grounds.
Of course I brought my flashlight and it came in handy checking out these things....
Headed home. Thanks Dad. You are the BEST! Now, for my next adventure....

No comments: