Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Artist Trading Cards.

Hello - I am trading "ATC's" with 8 other people. An ATC is an Artist Trading Card. They are small - 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". You can't sell them for money - only trade them. To start with I got heavy watercolor paper and brushed on yellow and red. Then the fun part was dripping paint onto the paper and blowing the drip around with a hairdryer. I cut the paper to the smaller size.

I had allready drawn these Mushroom People. They are called Toads. A Toad is a speciman from the Mushroom Kingdom in the Mario video games. They are very peaceful, wise, human-following, sapient (this is a component of intelligence considered to be an additional faculty apart from intelligence with its own properties - a cognizant aptitude - yes, my Mom helped with this one) personalities. There are eight main ones and that's how many I had drawn on my paper. I cut them out and glued them to my cards.

These are the cards with one of my artist signature cards. I DO love color. We don't give out all our information to be on the safe side.

This is the back with the title, my name, and the date. I will stick them in the mail to my 8 new friends and then I'll watch the mailbox for mine to come from them. I can't wait.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Suzette Baird said...

Hey Joe, we are all looking at your blog missing you here in Hawaii! We wish you were here playing at the beach with us! We all love your cards. Jayne and I don't know how you got so artsy and we didn't?

xoxo

Patrice said...

Dear Joe, I love looking at your Blog and seeing all the new things you have....I love the cards. You are so talented!!!
Best To You and Your Talents,
Patrice

Courtney M said...

Those are so cute! Good Job!

daveandcallie said...

Hey what's up with no pic for the old man?